- The scientific name for the tree that chocolate comes from, “Theobroma Cacao”, means "Food of the Gods”.
- The smell of chocolate increases Theta brain waves, which trigger relaxation.
- Dark chocolate has more cacao (the beans that chocolate is made from) and less sugar than other chocolates, so it is considered healthier than milk and white chocolate.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third.
- Dark chocolate contains lots of antioxidants that help the cardiovascular system by reducing blood pressure.
- Dark chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay.
- Chocolate gives you a more intense mental high than kissing does.
- German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany. It is named after its inventor, Sam German, an American chocolate maker.
- The International Chocolate Day is celebrated every year on 13th September.
Chocolate in the hands of Brenell Desserts is transformed from “The Food of Gods” to “The Food for Everyone” by creating decadent chocolate classic items like Death by Chocolate Cake, with layer upon layer of dense chocolate sponge, embedded in dark, rich, silky smooth chocolate filling and covered with large chunks of more chocolate cake drenched in dark chocolate glaze.
Another favourite is the Chocolate Brownie, a deliciously rich classic, covered in chocolate and a sprinkle of roasted pecan nuts and speaking of classics, we must not forget to mention our Chocolate Lava, a moist, tantalizing pudding with a liquid chocolate surprise within.
Whatever your chocolate cravings might be, you can rely on Brenell Desserts to satisfy it!